Skip to main content

Saturdays = Parkrun

3 Parkruns in a row in beautiful sunshine



I have been quiet on the blog front since the Sunderland Half Marathon but I have been quietly adding to my run total by attending Bedford Parkrun every Saturday. The weather has been so good and it has been the perfect way to start the weekend. I am continuing to improve and finally broke the 25 min barrier on Saturday with a PB of 24:36. I even persuaded my friend Amy to come along and join me and she completed her first Parkrun with me three weeks ago. Thank you Amy for joining me!
The next few weeks will be a bit more hectic with a Parkrun on Saturday and a Half Marathon or a 10K on the Sunday. This will be the case for four of the next five weekends with a week in Cyprus to relax inbetween. The reason for this is that my overseas deployment was brought forward by six months and so I will unfortunately be leaving the country in the middle of July. This means I have to try and cram in as much as I can before I go as I don’t believe they have many races going on in the snow! However if everything goes to plan I will only be 20-30km short of my target and don’t see any issues getting then completed in a virtual race or during my RnR.
As for totals, I am happy to say that I am 88% of the way to my target and only £235 away from my £2000 goal. Thank you to the Maidments who have donated since my last blog. It is all very much appreciated!
Can you help me reach my £2000 goal? Then please donate at:
I am so close!

KM Complete: 176KM
KM To Go: 124KM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning

I am in my second week of training and I cannot remember how it feels to not be in pain! With running three times a week and doing circuits twice a week I am certainly regretting the Christmas indulgence (actually I’m not, it was totally worth it). My first half marathon is only four weeks ago and I am a little bit scared but hopefully once the first one is done, the others wont seem so bad. Fingers crossed! I am doing Parkrun Bedford on Saturday for the first time which will kick off my challenge and bring me 5k closer to my target. Only 195k to go after that! If you are willing and able then please support me on this challenge and donate whatever you can to Dementia UK using the following link: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/HelenFrancis10 There is also more information on there as to why I am doing this challenge and why it is so important to me. If you want to know more about the charity then please follow this link: https://www.dementiauk.org/ Thanks for reading and se

It was raining.....

I completed the first 5k of my challenge on Saturday at Bedford Parkrun. It was raining....a lot! So I managed to drag my freezing cold and wet behind around the course in 29:24 placing 233rd out of 418. Not my best time but definitely a good place to start. I am planning on doing the Parkrun every month this year and hopefully with some more training and some better weather I will look less of a mess than I do in this picture! Please visit my fundraising page and help support me in this challenge. I am still looking for that first donor to get me started. Will you be the first??   https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/HelenFrancis10

For Grandma

Running 21km with my big sister                                                                                         This race, the Sunderland City Half Marathon was probably the most important race of this challenge. I got to run in my hometown with my big sister by my side and the majority of Grandma’s family were there to cheer us on- 10 adults, 6 children and 2 dogs to be exact! It was the first time we had all been together since her funeral and I like to think that it was a happy and proud occasion to remember my Grandma and support the fundraising for Dementia UK. The race itself was ok, the massive amount of hills was not! I definitely do not remember there being so many long hills in Sunderland and the looping nature of the course was a bit demoralising at times. However once we crossed the bridge to our ‘neck of the woods’ it was a lot more enjoyable; running along the seafront and through the park where I spent my childhood and running into the cheers of all of o